The mission of the FUSD mentoring program is to develop a culture of mentoring that will increase the number of quality mentoring relationships for FUSD students, to enable them to reach their full academic potential.
A mentor is a person who gives their time to provide guidance, motivation and encouragement to assist students in the achievement of education and career goals.
What is Required?
- Fill out the online application form
- One on one interview is needed before admission
- Must be a college student, working individual, parent, teacher or anyone with a high school degree
- A commitment to volunteer for at least one hour per week during class time.
- A criminal background check (required if you receive a position)
- Be able to attend a general orientation/training session.
- A sincere desire to working with students
Where will I be placed?
- Mentors will be placed with one student at one of the following high schools (Hoover, Roosevelt, Fresno High, Sunnyside, Edison, and McLane) or middle schools (Baird, Sequoia, Tehipite and Scandinavian).