Tumani Heights MSW-PPSC
Address: 1350 M Street, Building B, Fresno, CA 93721
To provide foster and high risk homeless youth with comprehensive case management services.
Project STARS was developed to encourage positive change in student social emotional well-being, which may contribute to their overall academic success. Our goal is to improve student academic achievement, attendance, and decrease the number of misbehaviors which may contribute to suspensions and/or expulsions.
School Social Workers provide a variety of interventions including but not limited to comprehensive case management services to students identified as high-risk homeless and foster youth. School Social Workers support students throughout transitional moves from middle school to high school and any move within Fresno Unified during the school year.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive case management
- Advocacy for students, care-givers, parents, and school system
- Meet social and emotional needs of students
- Identify environmental factors which inhibit learning
- Strategic interventions
- Educational support
- Community referrals
- Community & interdepartmental collaboration including partnership with Fresno County Department of Social Services, Foster Family Agencies, and Probation
- County Department of Social Services, Foster Family Agencies, and Probation
School Social Workers
Provide a link between home, school, and the community. They are members of an educational team comprised of administrators, teachers, support staff, students, parents, and caregivers. School Social Workers promote and support student’s academic and social success by providing strength-based services.