Rita Baharian, Director
1350 M Street, Building C
Fresno, CA 93721
What is the Climate and Culture office?
Using a Safe and Civil Schools approach, the Climate and Culture office provides positive behavior intervention supports to teachers and schools in the areas of school climate and culture, social emotional learning, and classroom management.
Climate and Culture’s vision is to ensure safe, civil, and connected school cultures and climates where norms of caring and inclusion are valued and embraced by the community.
Climate and Culture’s mission is to lead and collaboratively support the Fresno Unified School District community in school climate and culture initiatives, together with social emotional development.
What services do we provide?
- Supporting implementation of schoolwide structures that promote social emotional health and learning in conjunction with academic learning in order to educate the “whole” child
- Engaging teachers and students in creating and maintaining positive learning environments and collaborating with school staff to ensure student success
- Implementing an affirmative and comprehensive approach to preventing and addressing bullying on school campuses
- Promoting a proactive, positive approach to classroom management and school discipline
- Developing and presenting professional learning opportunities for a variety of staff, including certificated, classified, and administrative.
Each region has a specific Teacher on Special Assignment (TSA) assigned to help support school sites with the implementation of the Olweus Bullying Prevention program, the Second Step curriculum for social emotional learning, and all Safe and Civil Schools initiatives.
|Region||Climate & Culture Staff||Phone|
|McLane (McLane, Scan, Birney, Ericson, Ewing, Turner Norseman)||Marialuisa Rodriguez||457-6087||Marialuisa.Rodriguez@fresnounified.org|
|McLane (Duncan, Yosemite, Hidalgo, Wishon, Leavenworth, Mayfair, Rowell)||Amy Hardcastle||457-7411||Amy.Hardcastle@fresnounified.org|